A well established Collections firm situated in Rosebank. The Firm handles all collections and litigation mainly on behalf of Financial Institutions and Banks and some large Retail stores.
This is preferably a BEE Appointment. Manage all phases of the litigation process by doing research, drafting legal documents, managing and advising clients on legal transactions.
- To assist the Company in servicing its clients professionally, effectively and efficiently.
- To act responsibly and not act recklessly or negligently.
- To monthly plan and provide schedule in respect reaching monthly targets per portfolio.
- To check and confirm that all fees able to be invoiced and is invoiced every month per portfolio on the due date signed off. To monitor and confirm that all invoices drawn per month have been submitted with the relevant proof of submittal attached.
- To monitor and confirm proof of payment of all invoices submitted inclusive of that remittances were received
- Have a clear understanding of the client’s SLA and its application to the legal process.
- Analysing and confirming on a monthly basis that clients SLA requirements have been met and taking the necessary proactive actions to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Aligning internal legal process with client’s legal strategy through maximising efficiency and understanding clients’ strategy.
- Report on a daily basis to the Head of Legal advising same of legal performance on assigned portfolios.
- Maintain performance statistics of the Legal process on a weekly and monthly basis, submitting these to the Head of Legal for discussion and comment.
- Ensure that all correspondence is actioned timeously and professionally
- Interacting with MI Department in compiling reports for client requirements and ensuring that reports are timeously submitted to client
- Ensure that your legal assistants / paralegals are operating as efficiently and effectively as possible, by utilising proper diary systems, electronic client systems.
- Monitoring performance and attendance of all staff and ensuring disciplinary code of conduct is adhered to.
- This position oversees 5 Paralegals and 4 Legal Assistants – Effective Management experience is a requirement of this role.
- To ensure that all correspondence, legal notices and or processes are check and signed off before being dispatched internally or externally.
- To assist and comply generally with all reasonable requests of the CEO and senior members of staff from time to time.
Keeping abreast of all legislative, core systems and process changes and ensuring that the firm complies with same whilst maximizing opportunities with client for the firm.
Relevant professional qualification -LLB. Admitted Attorney. Must be a South African Citizen.
The ideal candidate will come from a smaller general litigation practice (Not from a large Firm) Minimum 4 years post admission litigation experience in practice. Specialist Skills in NCA (National Credit Act), and other credit regulations, debt collecting experience. Must have Management skills as this position will have 5 Paralegals and 4 Legal Assistants reporting to them. Problem solving: Ability to analyse information quickly, reaching and articulating decisions with clarity, to deliver solutions that command support. Striving for excellence: High output and throughput with a focus on outcomes. Capable of reviewing and evaluating results against quality standards, sharing this learning with others and taking decisive action to ensure that standards are delivered. Ability to manage a complex workload and meet tight time schedules. Commitment to ensure there is a culture of continuous improvement and embracing change. Communication and teamwork: Establish strong and effective working relationships and networks with internal and external partners. Innovative: sets a vision, drives high standards, optimistic about delivering future goals Proactive: Creative, seeks out and introduces best practice. Committed to learning and development. Analysing and implementing processes and solutions to improved efficiency and effectiveness.
Salary / Package
R30 000-R40 000 Negotiable