An Insurance underwriting Management Company located in Cape Town.
The Claims administrator contributes to the organisational goals by processing (from registration through to settlement) and validating insured’s (& Third parties’) claims within reasonable time frames to meet the insured’s needs and requirements. Other administrative functions include but are not limited to attending to diary and processing agreements of losses and payment requests.
- Sound knowledge of claims principles in industry including Claims management.
- Actively manage and oversee start to end of claims function including all associated claims administration.
- Contribute to the growth and profitability of the Company by providing excellent service and maintaining relationships.
- Manage and organize day to day operations by establishing priorities to administer claims on Company’s delegated authority and maintain the standards of the claims department.
- Assess the claims internally.
- Ensure all technical aspects for claims settlement are adhered to.
- Negotiate settlement of the claims with all relevant stakeholders.
- Daily diary files to be extracted and dealt with.
- Attending to Processing of payment requests to finance department and associated administration.
- Registering claims with the reinsurers/co insurers companies.
- Facultative reinsurance & co-insurance recoveries if required.
- Monitor and periodically review estimates.
- Appointment of investigators, assessors, loss adjusters and other experts if necessary.
- Archiving of claims files.
- Relationship Management
- Liaising in a professional manner with brokers and other insurers in respect of claims aspects.
- Following up on regular intervals and provide constructive feedback to brokers and management .
- Respond to queries within 24 hours.
- Liaising with attorneys, giving instruction to attorneys to act on Insurers behalf;
- Work with different people internally and externally to improve service, efficiency, and improve presentation of information.
- Procure service providers and partners, negotiate costs.
- Actively build, improve and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, i.e. internally and externally.
Hours of duty is Monday to Friday from 08h00 to 16h30
Matric. Clear criminal record. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in claims administration. Bilingual (English and Afrikaans). Computer literacy – MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Reliable transport.
Previous experience on System A (TIAL) would be an advantage. Good communicator (verbal & written). Integrity, responsibility, and accountability. Work under pressure and able to meet deadlines. Effective Administration. Attention to detail. Excellent time management skills. Diplomatic and patient.
Problem solving. Display initiative, maturity and a high degree of professionalism. Liaise and build relationships with clients. Quality control.
Work independently/take ownership.
Salary / Package
R180 000 per annum