An industrial engineering Group, designing and supplying machines, process equipment and production lines for the world’s largest industrial groups including the aluminium, steel, glass, automotive, aerospace, logistics, cement and energy sectors
- Technical knowledge in cranes or heavy machinery used in aluminium industry will be advantageous.
- Analyse and recommend solutions to customers’ technical problems.
- Technical assistance to customers, suppliers, maintenance, production and engineering entities.
- Check feasibility as well as conceptual and detailed design of improvements, while respecting international and local standards.
- Manage mechanical projects including design, manufacture, installation, site meetings and commissioning.
- High level of safety awareness.
- Research and designs within the Engineering department will form part of the duties.
- Keeping track of technical requests so as to minimize the delay for response to customers’ technical enquiries
- Design calculations and technical specifications
- Ensure the quality of any modification on customers’ equipment
- Initiate actions for improvements in liaison with Head Office
- In-house technical assistance i.e. advise on production/manufacturing procedures for critical items, technical assistance to suppliers where necessary
- Implement and manage departmental technical documentation in line with company standards
- Define and implement mechanical design procedures and standards for local manufacturing
- Organize and implement a filing system for documentation and drawings related to projects
- Define and implement a design procedure
- Degree/Diploma in mechanical engineering fields.
- Qualification/experience in project management advantageous.
- ECSA registration advantageous.
- 5 Years’ practical experience in the field of engineering.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Projects and Autocad.
- Basic financial comprehension pertaining to budgets and job costing
Salary / Package