The Mill is located in the far Southeast area of Johannesburg, on the far edge of the East Rand. The Mill does 4 Lines - 5kg to 80kg bags.
This is a unique opportunity to join our fast growing company to help ensure that the products we manufacture adhere to international standards of quality and safety. The position is accountable for ensuring the agreed upon quality of the raw material is supplied and is accountable for ensuring that no pests are present onsite through a zero tolerance approach to pest control.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform ad hoc visits to the silo or farm as arranged by management to ensure standards are adhered to
- GMO Maize: Ensure adequate and efficient transfer and offloading planning
- Non-GMO Maize: Ensure receipt, transfer, sampling, testing, grading of non-GMO raw materials is conducted correctly
- Maize transfers: Ensure that Maize comply with standard requirements
- Prepare, conduct and track pest control actions and inspections using the IPMP
- Ensure you and your suppliers are registered as required by legislation
- Plan and order required remedies and equipment
- Manage the storage of, usage and disposal of all remedies and PPE
- Ensure that all consignments of raw materials are sampled and inspected for infestation
- Ensure that all returns, whether internally or externally is thoroughly inspected for any sign of infestation and that the remedial actions is taken as required
- Ensure effective rodent, cat and bird control
- Ensure pallet pest control is adequately performed
- Ensure compliance to the OHSA as well as all relevant environmental legislation
- Ensure compliance to all company OHS and environmental policies
- Create and use track and control documents to ensure productivity and effective food, safety and quality management.
Grain Grading Certificate. Registered pest control and fumigation Certificate (Must have valid active Pesticide Number).
Minimum 3-5 Years Experience in Pest Control Management. Valid Driver's License. Lab Equipment usage experience. MS Office Skills. Hygiene Auditing. Investigative skills.
Salary / Package
R360,000-R480,000 per annum Negotiable