Our client is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. They provide technical expertise and strategic advice to clients in the Transportation & Infrastructure, Property & Buildings, Environment, Industry, Resources and Energy sectors.
You will be responsible for providing a consulting engineering service and the design of power and lighting, single line diagrams, reticulation, generators, UPS, fire detection and evacuation as well as Data, CCTV, access control, intruder, and building management. Your duties will include:
- Preparing accurate and concise designs, design calculations, budgets, tender specification creation, performing project financial control, and diligent construction monitoring and project management (electrical) throughout all stages of a project life cycle.
- Collaborating and working with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers on a project while taking an active part in the design process and coordination.
- Completing all types of projects from inception to close out with limited input from management and/or other senior engineers.
- Setting up client/consultant fee/contract agreements, calculating professional fees, and the effective management of professional fees on all projects.
- Managing internal office project finances regarding hourly forecasting, WIP, and invoicing.
- Business development with a focus on client care and professional team management including on-time delivery.
- Marketing, including attendance at business-related networking and client functions.
- BSc Eng/B Tech in Electrical Engineering
- Pr Eng or Pr Tech Eng - ECSA
- SAQCC Registered for Design (preferably)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in consulting engineering within the building services environment
- Electrical Engineering experience within the Property Sector (hotels, offices, retail, warehousing & distribution, Data Centres etc)
- Proven track record in business development
- Thorough knowledge of SANS10142-1&2, SANS10139, SANS10400 and SANS204 among others.
- Experience of various building contracts applicable to the building services industry (i.e. JBCC, Fidic, NEC, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with Autodesk BIM (Revit, Navisworks, Glue, Field, etc.) and CAD software.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical software packages such as Relux and/ or Dialux, CBI and/ or Ecodial and/or Amtech.
- Drivers licence and own mode of transport to travel to sites.
- Willingness to travel within RSA and Africa – valid RSA Passport.
Salary / Package