Our client is a large multi-national consultancy operating in Africa.
On behalf of the Monitoring Consultant, you will represent the Employer during the entire duration of the OPRC contract (construction monitoring of the rehabilitation and maintenance of 70km road and will be responsible for:
▪ the review of the detailed design and other project documents prepared and furnished by the OPRC Contractor;
▪ development of recommendations to improve the detailed design and other project documents prepared and furnished by the OPRC contractor;
▪ monitoring of the execution of works by the contractor and ensuring that materials and workmanship are in compliance with the specifications;
▪ verifying and certifying the progress and completion of civil work and certifying payments; and
▪ ensuring the compliance of works with the World Bank safeguard policies triggered under Environmental, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS), according to the ESMF and ESMP prepared for the project.
Transport, Acommodation etc