A 5* Game Lodge with 3 camps located in the North West Province.
The Head Chef will be required to facilitate the effective and smooth operation of the lodge kitchens including planning and organizing the preparation, cooking and presentation of food as well as staff supervision and shift rostering, while promoting the company goals of guest service and satisfaction, teamwork, and financial performance for individual lodges.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
• Implement menus for the lodges to the agreed standard that meet the demand and exceed the expectations of our Guests
• Thorough knowledge of current leading culinary trends in food and beverage
• Provide effective leadership through professional management and encouragement of all subordinates
• Implement effective operational standards for the lodges’ kitchens
• Implement and maintain efficient financial budgetary controls and procurement controls
• Prepare budgets and aim to achieve budgeted gross profit, and not exceed budgeted monthly food costs
• Ensure all month-end administration is completed accurately and timeously
Grade 12. Formal Chef qualification.
5 years’ experience in a 5* lodge/hotel. Strong admin skills/food costing, ordering, stocktakes, monthly budgets. Stable proven track record. Experienced at producing high-end 5* Game Lodge cuisine.
R25,000-R35,000 Negotiable dependent on Experience
Accommodation. Meals on duty.