Food Service Equipment company.
This person will be responsible for identifying and implementing high-impact physical supply chain and inbound logistics initiatives focused on working capital (inbound inventory), supply chain cost reduction and performance improvement. He/she will be responsible for the overall planning for and purchasing of products and management of the inventory value.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of the demand planning, procurement, supply and inbound logistics within the company.
- Lead and coordinate the procurement strategy.
- Maintain item master files
- Facilitate monthly supply review meetings and support stakeholders by providing analytics to drive the demand and supply balancing process more effectively.
- Performs and manages day-to-day data collection, implementation, supplier improvement and process improvement within the company and between the company and its suppliers in order to achieve effective competitive supply chains.
- Develop and enhance processes, systems and reporting to drive supply chain efficiencies.
- Develop, implement and manage all service level agreements with suppliers and freight forwarding companies.
- Negotiate pricing and supply contracts with all suppliers
- Establish purchasing planning priorities. Maintain authorized replenishment inventory levels to meet financial objectives and promotional strategy.
- Produce various operational reports for management and internal/external customers as needed.
- Analysis of sales orders and customer demand to determine inventory requirements
- Working closely with suppliers to ensure orders are delivered on time and in full to agreed specification to avoid disruptions to supply within the warehouse facility.
- Working closely with the Operations Manager and warehouse teams to maintain inventory levels appropriate to business activity and avoid wastage
- Maintain and set accurate price files within the procurement system and communicate any changes to stakeholders
- Developing strong working relationships with all internal stakeholders & external contacts
- Ensuring accuracy of all data in the Inventory Planning System
- Analyses inventories and develops opportunities to meet strategic goals and objectives
- Maintains ongoing program to identify secondary and more cost effective sources including supplier consolidation and regional consolidation.
- Analyse and assess supplier and product performance
- Analyse potential stock-outs and expedite orders when required
Relevant degree (Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineer)
At least 3 – 5 years proven working experience within a procurement/supply chain environment.
Must have been involved in buying overseas where they had long lead times.
Must know that things will take 6 months to get to the company and need to plan so stock arrives on time.
Must be able to see when things are going to run out ahead of time and plan accordingly.
Not looking for someone who did perishable type buying.
Must have experience in buying/procurement of food service equipment.
Forecasting and planning experience essential.
CDDP certification highly beneficial.
SAP and Excel experience essential.
Member of SAPICS (Preferred).
Be calm, level-headed, and be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
A strong team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work independently and accurately, a self-starter, someone that builds rapport and credibility with colleagues,̥ anticipates needs and respond to concerns and conflicts.
Demonstrate trustworthiness and professionalism with clients, peers and team members.
Actively listen to others and demonstrate understanding of different points of view.
Communicate clearly to avoid misunderstanding.
Strong organizational & administration skills with the ability to multi-task.
Excellent report writing skills.
Must be an analytical and logical thinker.
Salary / Package
Medical Aid – 50% – part of CTC.
Pension fund – 50% – part of CTC.
Car Allowance – Yes – may have to travel to order equipment.