Our client is a busy wedding venue based in Limpopo.
The wedding coordinator is the one who is responsible for facilitating, mediating and managing a wedding on behalf of a client. The main responsibility of a wedding coordinator is to do the tasks such as planning, managing, and coordinating and executing all aspects of a client’s wedding.
Duties and responsibilities of a wedding coordinator:
- The main duty is to assist the client in selecting suitable venue and theme.
- To ensure that the client’s vision for the wedding is effectively executed.
- To create the wedding schedule together preproduction to all parties involved.
- To plan the wedding menu with the Head Chef.
- To provide enough information about Company to ensure that standards are met and kept.
- To introduce suppliers to the client for client service and for the sake of standards to Company.
- To train Banqueting staff to execute what are expected of them.
- Must be capable of handling correspondence and remain in constant contact with the customer, ensuring the whole event is planned as per customer preferences and desires.
Follow up on all leads.
- Site Meeting with Bride, Groom and Families.
- Constant communications between me and client.
- Negotiations – quotation and contract.
- Supplier information.
- Wedding schedule and pre-production.
- Dropbox info – setup and update.
- Training of waiters and banqueting servers.
- All enquiries – telephonically and emails.
- Plan and coordinate setups and break downs of venues.
- Coordinate the time frames on the day of the event.
- Recons after a wedding.
- Monthly reports on stock and staff.
- Very focused person with fantastic planning skills and an eye for detail.
- Excellent communicational skills both written and oral.
- Strong negotiation and networking skills.
- Good team member and should have excellent public relation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have strong numerical skills to do the job.
Salary / Package
Live-in position with meals.