Well-Established FMCG Company with a Global Footprint
This Junior Buyer position that reports to the Procurement Manager at a Well-Established FMCG Company is a challenging role with lots of scope & opportunity to show your abilities & make a difference.
Seeking a self-motivated candidate with the ability to work well within a team, as well as independently. You will be involved in the full sourcing and buying processes as they relate to procuring raw materials used in the manufacture of frozen food products. Peripheral purchasing duties will also be part of the scope of the position such as sourcing assets, services from suppliers and planning to ensure adequate levels of materials are available as they are needed.
Areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Review orders for accuracy and generate Purchase Orders.
- Ensure that all information relevant to the sourcing cycle are entered accurately and timeously into the accounting software used.
- Monitor levels of materials required to place orders at the correct time to ensure continuity of supply.
- Attending to delivery and arrival queries of materials purchased from foreign suppliers, including shipping documentation.
- Follow-up on all release documents for cross-border and seaport consignments.
- Performing ad-hoc administrative activities that may not be directly related to the core duties of the position.
- Providing all support-related functions to enable the Procurement Manager in meeting deadlines, avoiding material shortages and sourcing from alternative suppliers when needed.
- Applying sound sourcing principles such as achieving the best supply at the most competitive rates, keeping the risks of unreliable suppliers at an acceptable level for the pricing agreed.
- Relevant Diploma/Degree
- Advanced Excel
- MS Office
You will have at least 3 years‘ experience in Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) buying and associated administrative duties and have:
- A thorough understanding of buying/sourcing principles including the financial entries regarding stock on an accounting software package
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail, analytical and process orientated.
- The ability to work in a highly-pressurised environment requiring both speed and accuracy in the execution of daily duties.
- A dedicated approach to meeting deadlines consistently.
- A passion for working with people.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to accurately prioritise tasks.
- You must enjoy working with people and have an internal service department mindset.
- Problem-solving skills with a drive to follow best practice principles.
- A thorough understanding of supplier accreditation to ensure internal compliance with quality requirements.
- The ability to source responsibly under accreditation and certification requirements with a documented paper trail for audit purposes.
Salary / Package