Our client is is a leading supplier of animal health and nutrition products to the Southern African market.
- Accountability for the achievement Gross Margin % targets.
- Maintenance of selling prices to ensure margins are maintained at desired levels.
- Managing Animal Health sourcing of raw materials and supply chain.
- Sourcing reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Responsible for Strategizing and negotiation with suppliers and vendors in order to acquire the most effective deals and to reduce procurement expenses.
- Setting sourcing and procurement policies and processes
- Ensuring quality control of raw materials sourced
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost effective
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure ongoing feasibility
- Building and maintaining long term relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services
- Tracking orders through the shipping department to ensure timeous inventory receipts
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Ensure stock optimisation: adequate raw materials available for production within working capital constraints as well as being accountable for stock accuracy
- Interacting with the sales, production, technical and quality teams to ensure the cohesive management of stock.
- Degree in Commercial, Supply Chain Management or BSc Animal Health
- Matric / Grade 12 or NQF equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Procurement and Supplier relationships.
- Experience in Animal Health and Nutrition is essential
- Exposure to supply chain will be advantageous.
Salary / Package
R50K - R64K Cash p/m, Excluding benefits