A 5* Exclusive Game Lodge located in the Kruger National Park. Lodge has 9 suites, accommodating 18 guests in total.
You will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the Kitchen. This will involve
a large degree of supervising other Kitchen staff. You will be required to act in the Head Chef’s
absence and to ensure that the kitchen is run in the same professional manner when the Head
Chef is not on duty.
Key Focus Areas
• Assist with Menu planning and ensure that all necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity
• Ensure each cook under his/her direction receives the correct order for the appropriate tables
• Ensure each dish leaving the Kitchen is checked for quality, presentation, and correct temperature
• Assist with the preparation of budgets and achieve to achieve the budgeted gross profit
• Ensure that all timetables, leave rosters and attendance registers are accurate and up to date
• Ensure all Kitchen monthly and daily administration is completed accurately and timeously
• Enforce hygiene regulations and Health and Safety skills with all kitchen and service staff
• Promote staff morale and workplace safety and Staff training and discipline
To apply, please send CV and food Portfolio.
Matric/ NQF Level 4 with a relevant qualification. Relevant Qualification (advantageous)
At least 2 Years’ experience in a similar role. 5* Game Lodge experience preferable. MS Office Suite.
Accommodation, Meals on duty, Medical Aid and Provident Fund.