Our client is a contract manufacturer, producing a variety of chemical products and specialising in cosmetics, primarily hair care products.
Reporting to the GM, You will be responsible for safely leading the planning, manufacturing, packing, purchasing, inventory, and maintenance departments to ensure the timely supply of finished products that meet customer requirements within agreed cost and quality standards.
- Implement and maintain Health and Safety standards
- Manage, align, and develop the Production Team (including planning, manufacturing, packing, purchasing and inventory departments) within the principles of manufacturing and procurement excellence
- Assess Production Team staffing and skills requirements and address needs
- Planning – Establish daily production priorities and allocate the necessary available resources.
- Manufacturing and packing – Ensure priorities are delivered timeously, addressing any delays or issues that arise.
- Purchasing – Ensure all required raw materials of the required quality are available when needed for manufacture and packing, optimising on cost.
- Inventory – Manage and develop the inventory team with the principles of keeping accurate stock figures and maintaining the inventory control systems.
- Maintenance – Co-ordinate maintenance team to drive uptime of equipment (addressing breakdowns and ensure planned maintenance is being scheduled and completed).
- Develop, monitor, and maintain manufacturing and quality systems to establish standards related to activities and products. Measure and correct performance, conduct internal investigations, and apply corrective and preventative actions as required.
- Liaise with laboratory, R&D, and QC departments to ensure products are manufactured in line with predetermined specifications and defects are identified, returned, restrained, and reworked where possible.
- Liaise with Sales and Despatch regarding customer requests, order status, issues affecting orders, etc.
- Improve process efficiencies to scale with growth while reducing costs.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements including quality, health and safety, and environmental policies, systems and processes.
- Manage industrial relations (IR) by conducting consistent and fair work practice to maintain a productive IR climate and optimise employee relations
- A relevant tertiary Degree
- 4 - 6 years' manufacturing and factory experience of which at least 3 years' must have been in a management role
- High level leadership and decision-making skills
- Able to motivate, influence and train people
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google and SAP Business One (preferred) suites
Salary / Package
R300K - R600K CTC per anum