An International Travel & Tourism/Hospitality Group of Companies with one of its major regional offices located in Johannesburg
Be responsible for proactively managing all the regional accounting and tax obligations within the Company as well as provide technical accounting guidance to the finance teams.
You will be expected to perform the following Key Functions:
- Group consolidation process, enhancement of controls and efficiency of process of reporting cycle.
- Supervise the preparation entity level statutory accounts of overseas companies in accordance with local regulations.
- Prepare technical accounting papers when applicable for new reporting requirements.
- Responsible for accounting conclusions within the financial statements: Regional impairment review, going concern review, Regional exceptional items, financial instruments, and pension schemes amongst others.
- Provide support and advice on all changes and reorganisations that may happen in the business.
- Assist with the group corporate simplification project alongside group tax and group finance to reduce the number of companies in the group.
- Ensure all regional corporate compliance obligations are adhered to.
- Work closely with the company group head office to ensure all audit and filling deadlines are up-to-date across all regional jurisdictions, highlight any possible delays and issues and implement actions to correct issues.
- Assist with the implementation of a new financial reporting and consolation tool and integrate it with the management reporting system.
- Provide statutory technical accounting advice to the finance teams and Company’s head office.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA or ICAS) is a pre-requisite
- Proficient in UK GAAP / IFRS
- Auditing knowledge
- Statutory rules & returns
- Financial reporting.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Sage X3 / Pastel
- Ability to deliver responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Comfortable presenting results at board level.
Salary / Package
- Performance based bonus
- Tribe Discount Card
- Pension fund
- Medical aid