A large 5* Hotel and Function Venue/Conference Centre located in Gauteng.
We are currently looking for an Executive Chef Urgently
- Management of all food production areas (kitchens) within the hotel
- To assist in producing and drive an annual business plan for the F&B department incorporating a yearly marketing plan and an associated budget.
- To create loyalty, trust and respect amongst the entire Kitchen team by transparent, consistent, inspirational and motivational management style.
- Create a departmental working environment focused on staff development and job fulfilment to achieve employee loyalty
- Supervises Chefs and cleaning staff on assigned shifts.
- Ensures all staff is rostered fairly for duty and that they adhere to the duty rosters.
- Completes market lists for food on the days specified, authorises and hands them to the Stores Controller for order placement before 08:30 daily.
- Files all copies of food orders.
- Ensures that the quality of the food received into stores complies with specified standards by personally checking or assigning another qualified member of kitchen staff to check all deliveries of fresh and frozen produce before the person making the delivery leaves the premises.
- Ensures proper stock rotation, meaning that all old stock is utilised prior to use of new stock and that no stock ever goes out of date on the shelf.
- Ensures completion of all credit notes at time of delivery.
- Ensures strict control over internal issues from storerooms, cold rooms and deep freezers under his control.
- Makes sure that there is sufficient supervision for all services, i.e. a la carte, buffet, room service, pool terrace and banqueting to ensure the quickest and most efficient service and the highest quality of presentation.
- Ensures that the buffet in the restaurant is laid out in accordance with standards.
- Ensures the buffet is cleared and locked away within 10 minutes after service closure.
- Ensures that buffet pottery and OE allows for downsizing of buffet portion size.
- Ensures that all cold room temperature log registers are completed and displayed.
- Ensures that there is a system for producing daily specials in order to maximise the utilisation of stock.
- Ensures that all the equipment in the kitchen area is clean and well maintained.
- Reports any repairs to the Maintenance Department and ensures that repairs are dealt with promptly.
- Liaises with the Conference and Banqueting Coordinator and Food and Beverage Manager on a regular basis to ensure that events and functions run smoothly.
- Encourages and fosters good relationships between kitchen staff and restaurant service staff to ensure good working relationships between departments.
- Be familiar with First Aid procedure and also fire and emergency procedures and all the necessary reports as required.
- Takes stock of food items at least once a month or more frequently should there be a problem with food results or if requested to do so by the Food and Beverage Manager or the General Manager.
- Reviews the purchases to revenue report ensuring stock levels maintained correctly according to business demand.
- Reviews covers served per meal time to daily revenue report.
- Manages daily wastage and shrinkage.
- Where applicable, ensures staff meals are of a high quality and variety and that they are produced on time and with due regard to budgeted maximum cost.
- Job Type: Full-time
Formal Professional Cookery/Culinary Qualification required.
Minimum 5 Years experience gained at Executive Chef Level within a 4/5* large Hotel and Conferencing Environment. Capable with Fine Dining Plated and large scale Upmarket Banqueting Cuisine. Ability to manage Staff and Costs and Stock. Strong administratively and operationally.
Salary / Package
R40,000-R56,000 Per month CTC