Our Client is committed to providing innovative supply chain solutions that challenge the status quo. As a global industry leader with more than 100 years of logistics experience, they support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods.
You will be expected to perform the following Key Functions:
- Ensure the accurate and timely movement of ocean freight to- and from specific locations within the service standards agreed with the Customer.
- Handle all Customer facing communication and shipment related internal communication between/with Company’s stakeholders.
- Provide Customers with proactive exception management in case of service quality deviations including follow-up and problem resolution.
- Ensure Customers are invoiced for all shipment related charges.
- Run compliance check against corporate and legal guidelines – as applicable.
- Ensure valid quotation for Consignee is in place.
- Obtain adequate shipping volume forecast information from Consignee and maintain this information at all times – as applicable.
- Continuously provide Consignee’s volume forecast information to Origin Office – as applicable.
- Receive pre-shipment status from Origin office and continuously inform Consignee – as applicable.
- Receive booking request from Consignee or Origin Office – as applicable.
- Qualify booking request details against customer agreement and current market conditions- as applicable.
- Verify booking request with Consignee and provide shipping instructions to Origin Office – as applicable.
- Provide preferred routing instructions to Origin office – as applicable.
- Request and receive delivery instructions from Consignee and relay to Operations Team.
- Request update from/with MDM Team (Master Data Management) as applicable.
- Follow up on Consignee’s credit issues with Finance Team.
- Facilitate communication between Customer and Import customs department – as applicable.
- Receive and/or upload relevant Customer documents to digital archive (ODM) via TANGO – as applicable.
- Continuously provide demurrage & detention details to Consignee.
- Evaluate and ensure shipment profitability.
- Explore upsell opportunities with the Consignee.
- Generate operational reporting for Customer – as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with Customer specific KPI’s – as applicable.
- Verify and create income reserves and cost accruals in TMS (TANGO).
Matric. Logistics qualification.
- Min 5 years experience.
- Ocean /Sea Freight experience
- Customer Management.
Salary / Package
Medical Aid, Provident Fund.