Lodges located in the Timbavati Game Reserve.
The field guides are fully responsible for conducting guided safari experiences at the Lodge that are
unique, personalised, professional and enjoyable, and are accountable to the Head Guide for the
delivery of such experiences to the guests. The main purpose of the field guide is to ensure that an
all-encompassing wildlife experience is offered to every guest with the focus on catering to the
specific needs of each individual guest. The entire experience should be delivered with humility,
professionalism and flexibility, with the end result being an educational experience for all. The
guiding service should be delivered with an uncompromising sensitivity towards the environment.
● Hosts guests in line with Lodge standards.
● Shows an exceptional appreciation and sensitivity to the environment at all times.
● Ensures that guest and staff safety is always a priority.
● Communicates with Front of House staff to ensure the best possible experience for guests.
● Conscientious maintenance and care of vehicles and related equipment.
● Carries out administration duties timeously and effectively.
● Undertakes a process of continuous education of self and other members of staff.
● Achieves service excellence through teamwork.
● Other duties as required.
Grade 12 (essential). Completed Degree or Diploma in applicable field (advantageous). FGASA minimum Level 1 (required) but Level 2 will take preference. FGASA Full Trails Guide (preferred).
Two years' experience in similar role in a big five reserve. Excellent communication and people handling skills. An inherent passion for observing, sharing and learning about wildlife. The ability to work on own with enthusiasm. Flexible in that willing to change plans on the spur of the moment and is willing to innovate in the interests of the guest and the company. Confident but humble. Co-operative – and keen to work with the balance of the team in the interests of the lodge and the guests. Organised – with attention to detail and time. A developmental approach to staff and colleagues. Professional and neat in personal appearance and image. Valid memberships, certifications and qualifications as required by the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. Photographic experience/knowledge an advantage.
Negotiable dependent on level of experience.
Medical Aid and Provident Fund. Single Accommodation. (Will consider a Couple if both can do guiding - Regret - No Children/Families) Staff meals whilst on duty is offered. Cycle is 3 weeks on and 1 week off or 6 weeks in and 2 weeks off.