Leading Renewable Energy Project Company
This Commercial Officer position for a Renewable Energy Project company reports to the Commercial Manager and is a challenging role with lots of scope & opportunity to show your abilities & make a difference.
Your primary focus will be to improve shareholder returns to all project shareholders and growing the number of projects under management through new business development activities.
- Optimise the capital structure of all projects under management and proactively seek out opportunities / financial engineering initiatives to maximise shareholder returns and distributions
- To establish, maintain and influence key stakeholder relationships with Directors, Shareholders and Lenders
- Work with the CEO to actively leverage the relationships with Directors, Shareholders and Lenders to develop new business opportunities
- Lead treasury and cash management, including optimising interest rate and foreign exchange exposure of the companies, and to then monitor and manage such exposure.
- Take ownership of the management of the distribution forecasting process for all assets under management, ensuring shareholders are kept up to date at all times and their required expectations managed
- Review and advise on optimal contractual and financial structuring of potential new acquisitions / transactions
- Lead the advising on and review of project finance-related matters (optimal funding mix, distributions, cash flows, finance issues, technical financial issues).
- Effectively monitor and manage Contractual risks and required changes to relevant Agreements
- Obtain and manage relevant project information that will impact the financial status of the companies.
- Conduct key investigations and requirements to ensure compliance with tax, legislative & statutory requirements.
- Review existing financial policies and introduce additional required policies.
- Relevant professional post-graduate qualification (CA, MBA, CFA)
You will have at least 15 years' experience in Financial Services within the Infrastructure Projects and Renewable Energy sector and have:
- Strong technical knowledge, including knowledge of IFRS, tax and accounting systems, e.g. Great Plains
- Capability to build up networks with key stakeholders e.g. banks and investors
- Self-motivated, hands-on approach and the ability to work under pressure
- Intercultural understanding of project company shareholders
- Proactive, analytical and strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills
- Good commercial, planning, organizing and negotiation skills
- Strong influencer
- Strong team work skills
Salary / Package