An busy upmarket Resort Hotel located in the Western Cape.
Job brief – We are looking for a Guest Relations Manager to enhance the Resort’s image and to manage our guests’ expectations by making them feel welcome, and to offer them the best possible stay in terms of activities, entertainment, comfort and hospitality, whilst at the same time being firm and managing their expectations.
- Familiar with resort procedures, like bookings, check-in/check-out processes, events planning and hosting
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proven work experience as a Guest Relations Manager, Hotel Manager or similar
- Understanding of all aspects of hotel management best practices and relevant laws
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint) plus Outlook, Teams, Zoom or similar
- Hands-on experience with Hotel Management software (PMS)
- Fluency in Afrikaans and English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Customer service driven with outstanding communication and listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Leadership skills along with the ability to motivate a team into high performance
- Ability to work long, flexible hours
- Strong sense of responsibility and professional presentation
- Floor Management – high levels of service & overall standards
- Staff Coaching and Training
- Driver’s license and own transport
- Knowledge and experience in stock control and stock takes
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Knowledge of planning, budgeting and administration
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensuring flawless, upscale, professional and high-class guest service experiences for all clients throughout their stay
- Responding to guests needs and anticipating their unstated ones and managing their expectations
- Monitor daily bookings and ensure assigned rooms are prepared prior to check-in
- Ensure clients are properly greeted upon their arrival, coordinating their check-ins to assigned rooms, including luggage transfer, and informing them about the resort’s facilities, amenities and programs offered.
- Ensure special guests, like disabled people, elderly, children and VIPs, receive personalized services
- Promptly address guests’ special requests
- Actively listen to, and resolve complaints timeously
- Manage guest relations team (including but not limited to Duty Managers, Receptionists, and Entertainment Officers) to ensure we comply with all standards and operating procedures
- Coordinate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up to ensure customer concerns are resolved
- Liaise with Housekeepers and Restaurant, Café and Bar Staff to provide an overall exceptional guest experience
- Examine daily duties, assign tasks and check on progress
- Recommend local tourist spots, including places to dine, shop and sight-see
- Establish friendly but professional relationships with regular clients
- Oversee check-out procedures, including luggage transfer
- Analyzing customer feedback and providing strategic direction to continuously improve overall ratings
- Appraise team’s performance and produce regular reports
- Duty Management as required
Minimum Qualifications: Matric; National Diploma in Hotel Management/Travel and Tourism Management or equivalent; Diploma/Certificate in Public Relations;
A minimum of five years previous senior management experience in hospitality in a similar position. Culturally, the successful candidate must come from the Western Cape province and ideally should be of colour. Must be completely fluent English and Afrikaans (Cape Malay dialect - Afrikaans born ideal).
Salary / Package
R16000-R25000 Gross per month Negotiable
This is a live out position. There is accommodation available nearby which can be arranged at a minimal rental (Around R3000 per month). This role is located around 160 kms from Cape Town (Remote location).