A property rental agency with head office located in JHB Northern Suburbs (Sandton).
The role is responsible for assisting in maintaining the Company’s ESG strategy and managing investor expectations in this regard, including helping the Company keep up with rapid changes to ESG trends in the real estate sector. The role will also be responsible for raising awareness internally and conduct training where necessary internally regarding the Company’s ESG strategy and the key components thereof.
Key Performance Areas (KPA’s)
• Researching and sharing information internally on current and emerging trends in ESG as they relate to the real estate sector
• Assisting in coordinating the preparation of the Company’s ESG report, including gathering the information required for inclusion in the report
• Coordinating the internal ESG awareness campaign, including conducting training where required for staff and management
• Advising on the implementation of the Company’s ESG strategy regarding tenants and suppliers
• Coordinating the response to various ESG ratings agencies and sustainability-linked indices that are relevant to the Company throughout the year, including reporting back to the Company regarding the results thereof
• Coordinating the Company’s efforts to improve its scores in the ESG ratings agencies and sustainability-linked indices that the Company participates in
• Managing the content of the ESG sections of the website, and ensuring that the information presented therein remains up to date
• Preparing formal responses to institutional investors and funders when they send ESG-specific questionnaires for completion by the Company
• Keeping abreast of changes to the voting policies of the company’s key investors and major proxy voting agencies
• Coordinating internal efforts to improve the Company’s overall ESG performance and management of ESG-related risks and opportunities
• Manage the day-to-day administrative and operational requirements for the ESG department
• Monitor the implementation of the Company’s ethics management plan
Work Days/Hours – 8am to 5pm (Flexi 8 hour shift), 3 days at the office and 2 days at home.
This role will report to the Head ESG and has no subordinates.
LLB, or a Bachelor of Commerce (LLB) or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or higher.
Job Knowledge: • Good understanding of the relevant legislation impacting ESG • Strong understanding of current ESG trends, issues and best practices (beyond the real estate sector) Job Related Skills: • Strong problem-solving skills and ability to act as a self-starter, including applying knowledge and judgment to advise internal and external stakeholders regarding the Company’s ESG strategy • Applying research and analytical skills to a wide range of ESG-related areas • Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel Job Experience: • 1-2 years’ experience as a professional advisor would be advantageous Competency requirements: Presenting and Communicating Information • Writing and Reporting • Applying Expertise and Technology • Analysing • Learning ad Researching • Formulating Strategies and Concepts • Planning and Organising • Adapting and Responding to Change • Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
R350,000-R400,000 per annum CTC