Our client is a manufacturer of steel components.
Reporting to the Works Director, You will be responsible for the following:
- Management of the Electrical department employees, ensuring efficiency of response and support to the Production Department.
- Maintain and ensure the Electric COC certification.
- Ensuring electrical statutory compliance.
- Establishment and implementation of all procedures related to maintaining the plant on the electrical side.
- Continuous plant improvement/Plant optimisation
- Involved in retrofits and upgrades in the plant.
- Directly involved in the Induction coils replacement and repair process.
- Ensuring adequate upkeep of the Forge electrics, LT substation and Barnyard transformers
- Ensure timely quotations received when needed.
- Ensure electrical spares are adequately stocked.
- Ensure building up of electric panels to acceptable standards
- Labelling of the DBs including crane panels to be accurately maintained.
- Oversee breakdowns and assist with the day to day Maintenance to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Assist Artisans when required
- Creating a trouble shooting database from past learned solutions.
- Manage Standby duties and be available for plant emergencies.
- A Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering would be an advantage.
- Qualified Electrical Artisan would be the minimum educational level required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Management of maintenance personnel
- Previous experience with maintaining CNC machines and Fanuc controls
Salary / Package