Leading Commercial and Investment Company
This Payroll position for a Commercial Development company reports to the Group Financial Manager and is a challenging role with lots of scope & opportunity to show your abilities & make a difference.
- Confirming employment.
- Compilation or revision of job descriptions.
- Assist in the compilation of the Policies and Procedures manual and ensure the correct updating of various policies.
- Handling of all necessary documentation for an ex-employee (Certificate of Service, UIF, ETC).
- Compilation of all HR statistics.
- Completion of all documentation regarding the change in conditions of employment for employees, and ensure that necessary communication is sent out the relevant employee.
- Handling of all HR related queries (salaries, leave, etc.)
- Processing any staff loans, salary advances or educational assistance applications.
- Ensuring that correct documentation and information is prepared for any retrenchment process.
- Long Service Awards.
- Maintain a birthday listing for all employees’ birthdays.
- Monthly communication to all employees.
- Capturing of movement onto payroll system.
- Prepare various monthly variance reports to be signed off by management.
- Reconciliation of all Monthly HR Reports.
- Load and maintain all leave.
- Compensation and salary Calculations
- Monthly completion of necessary reports.
- Submission of EMP201’s and EMP501’s
- Yearly increases.
- Raise increase letters.
Recruiting and Staffing Logistics
- Drawing up and sending out vacancy advices internally and externally.
- Liaise with recruitment agencies.
- Screen CV’s.
- Schedule and conduct interviews.
- Draw up Targeted selection interview guide
- Preparation of all regret letters and offers of employment.
- Preparation of documentation for new staff. (Contract, starter pack, etc.).
- Induction of new employees at Head Office.
- Ensure that all documentation is signed and sent back.
- Ensuring that all new employees are captured for payroll purposes
- Administer and facilitate all staff’s correspondence.
- Issue all leave forms and ensure they are returned.
- Maintain a leave schedule and capture onto the payroll.
- Assist Managers with advice on any necessary paperwork for a Counselling, Warning or Disciplinary Hearing.
- Ensure that all IR processes are in line with all governing Labour Laws.
- Sit in on Disciplinary Hearings and Counselling sessions.
- Ensure that Disciplinary Hearing documentation filed under relevant employee’s file
- Arranging and conducting Training of yearly set out courses to employees.
- Focus on organisational development and Talent management.
- Maintaining yearly Training schedule.
- Complete skills development return.
Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensure that all necessary documentation for the Workman’s Compensation Claims are completed by the manager and forward to The Compensation Commissioner.
- Ensure that the relevant documentation is completed by hospital / doctor and forwarded to The Commissioner.
- Liaise between employee, Manager, hospital / doctor and The Commissioner regarding any information on the claim.
- Monitor staff usage of office equipment and maintain equipment
- Review and approve supply requisitions
You will have at least 5 years' experience as a Payroll and HR Professional and have:
- A - Z Payroll experience including tax, benefits etc.
- Pay space experience
- Advanced MS Office
Salary / Package