Logistics, warehousing & distribution company in Durban.
To manage the logistics and supply chain business development opportunities in accordance with the business plan with the primary objective of growing and servicing existing new clients in various industries and markets.
The role defines long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and closes business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The role work with the internal team, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new clients, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
Help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with internal team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Fully understand the clients’ business and identify areas we can add value to the customer’s supply chain
- Formulate strategies in conjunction with the customer to meet specific customer needs
- Manage customer relationships with key decision makers within the customer’s organisation
- Develop relationships with new and potential client to continue to build business opportunities
- Be a driving force within the Company by building trust and cooperation at all levels within the client’s organisation
- Champion the customer’s needs throughout the Company
Business Development Planning
- Continuous learning, provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose utilizing the knowledge to continuously enhance the company’s performance.
Sales & Marketing relevant tertiary qualification.
- Deal closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Client Needs, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Targets, and Professionalism.
- Experience in similar position in warehousing/logistics company essential.
- 5 – 8 Years Sales & Marketing Experience, at a senior level
Salary / Package
R720-R750000 per annum
Provident find, commission, travel