Leading Manufacturing and Engineering Organisation
This Group Financial Manager position for a Manufacturing company reports to the Managing Director and is a challenging role with lots of scope & opportunity to show your abilities & make a difference.
You will be expected to contribute at an executive management level and be responsible for the overall management of the financial department. You will work primarily from the branch office in Cape Town, with regular travel to the Johannesburg head office.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of monthly financial reports to the international financial controlling department. Responsible for ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and completeness of the financial data.
- Preparing for and ensuring completion of the annual financial statements in consultation with the company appointed auditors.
- Manage month end procedures to ensure deadlines are achieved by guiding and directing the staff responsible for the inputs.
- Assist with preparation of cash flow projections, audit files, budgets, taxation schedules and other required financial reporting.
- Oversee, train, and assist finance department employees.
- Drives cost efficiency initiatives to reduce expenses across the group.
- Assist the MD with identification and implementation of projects to improve financial and administrative processes and efficiency.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining financial policies and procedures for the organization.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Control and administer all payroll and HR functionality.
- BCom Accounting Degree or Higher
- Pastel Payroll
- Sage Evolution
You will have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar type of position or environment and have:
- Excellent knowledge of Sage Evolution or a similar ERP accounting package.
- Excellent knowledge of Pastel Payroll or a similar payroll package.
- Sound knowledge of audit procedures.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Be extremely numerate with accurate financial acumen focusing on detail, planning and analytical reporting.
- Proficiency in all MS Office products with a strong focus on Excel.
- Excellent time management, administrative and organizational skills.
- The ability to solve problems, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be assertive and energetic with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships.
- Approachable and trustworthy.
- Have a mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of the role.
- Be self-motivated and willing to work as part of a team, with the ability to grow and develop the team.
- Driver’s license.
- South African citizenship.
Salary / Package