Our client is a Renewable Energy, wholesaler and distributor.
You will be required to perform the following Key functions:
The Team Leader Goods-In is responsible for the supervision of the Goods-in Team’s work activities and performance to ensure deadlines are met and that the Goods-in system and operations run smoothly and in accordance with the Goods-In standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Assist in the implementation of the Warehouse strategy
- Report on performance of KPA’s set for the Goods-In Team
- Ensure Company policies are always followed
- Provide required information for reporting by the due date
- Ensure stock inventories are accurate and reconcile against sock inventories
- Identify areas where high risk of theft may take place and implement adequate controls
- Build and maintain trust relationships with the Management Team, Colleagues and Customers to ensure specific targets are met
- Work as part of the Warehouse Management Team to share ideas and improve operations
- Work collaboratively and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery of specific targets
- Supervise the Goods-In Team by promoting teamwork, providing guidance and support and driving performance
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere, takes ownership for team cohesion and team development
- Strive to maintain an ethical and engaged workforce
- Monitor and measure teams’ performance against set KPA’s, provide feedback to address poor performance
- Ensure training and developmental needs of the Goods-In Team are identified and the required training is provided.
- Have daily team meetings with the Goods-In team to make them aware of priorities and targets
- Make sure that all staff are punctual for work
- Manage leave requirements and make sure that the required cover is in place
Team Leader Goods-In Tasks
- Supervise the Goods-In operations and ensure that it is operating smoothly, and that adequate resources and people are in place to fulfil Customer demand
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt of stock in accordance with the SOP’s
- Ensure that goods in stock is placed in the designated areas
- Check quality of packaging upon receiving stock
- Make sure received shipments are weighed and accurate data is entered into the system
- Make sure that the all documentation relating to goods in including labelling of all stock items is accurate and relevant
- Ensure that the data required for the automated system for Goods-In is accurate and up to date
- Keep up to date and respond accordingly to all enquiries
- Prevent issues and resolve problems
- Continually seek ways to improve the Goods-In operations, identify and propose changes and implement once agreed
- Recognize system and procedural weaknesses and report these to Warehouse Manager to correct
- Ensure processes and procedures are followed to ensure customer deliverables are fully met
- Ensure quality control is strictly followed
- Supervise change management initiatives
- Carry out any other ad hoc tasks as required and within reason
Health & Safety
- Accountable for the Health & Safety and wellbeing of the Goods-In staff
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency
- Promote a culture that is highly aware and committed to Health & Safety practices within the Warehouse Department
- Implement safety programmes and monitor their compliance
- Conduct regular safety inspections of work area and identify risks and hazards are conducted and report them to the Warehouse Manager
- Ensure that Warehouse equipment is maintained in line with the safety policy and procedure. Schedule maintenance checks for equipment
- Investigate accidents and incidents and report accordingly
Min. Diploma in Logistics/Supply Chain/Warehouse Operations.
- Min 2 years proven experience as a Team Leader.
- Min 5 years+ proven Warehouse experience.
- Forklift license.
- Stock control experience.
Salary / Package
R180 000 – R240 000 per Annum