Our client is looking for an Associate Attorney to join their team in Cape Town.
Duties include –
- Comfortably manage a family law case load of around 50 to 100 matters, involving divorce, maintenance, child care, protection order issues.
- Consult, take instructions, advise, negotiate, draft letters to opponents, diarise important litigation timelines, follow up for customer service, progress the case, as well as be competent in doing high quality first draft pleadings, especially of an opposed nature: pleas, counterclaims, discovery and Rule 43 affidavits. They must also be able to do pretrial and trial preparation.
- Experience with the eviction PIE procedure, as well as some criminal law exposure: appearing in criminal court at first appearances and attending to postponements etc.
- Admitted Attorney in the High Court
- At least 3 years plus post qualification experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal skills, and ultimately know how to negotiate and persuade.
Salary / Package