Our client is a leading distributor of an extensive range of high quality raw materials for the chemical manufacturing sector
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- To develop a monthly SHEQ communication strategy for all sites and levels of staff – include written information, toolbox talks and management briefs
- Take full responsibility for company preparations for annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance
- Determine the strategic direction and work priorities for the continuous improvement of the operations and site SHEQ management programmes and systems
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations
- Facilitate all forms of risk assessment e.g., general, manual handling, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
- Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys e.g., noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and make associated recommendations
- Diploma in Health and Safety or Equivalent
- Environmental & Quality qualification would be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years working experience in related field
- Experience of implementing health and safety in a highly technical and complex industrial environment.
- Exposure or experience in understanding the implementation of ISO 9001,14001 & 45001
Salary / Package
350k - 400k