Our client is a turnkey project management and equipment manufacturing supplier.
Reporting to the Lead Designer, You will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement.
- Process design, test work review and mill sizing
- Mill insert sizing and design
- Screen sizing
- Interface with specialized contractors on feed chute design
- Use specialized software to create FEM models and drawings of products
- Use specialised software to apply FEA principles such as loads/boundary conditions etc.
- Research materials and methods of development
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/engineering team
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and NCP standards
- Write calculation data sheets in excel
- Perform Bearing Fluid Film Analysis using specialised software
- Write FEA reports including all calculation results
- Undertake gear and shaft calculations
- BSc/BEng Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 1+ years' experience in mechanical design
- Knowledge of Inventor or 3D CAD software
- Knowledge of FEA & structural mechanics
- Knowledge of FEA software (ANSYS preferable)
- Basic Knowledge of programming (Python)
Salary / Package
R300K - R420K CTC per annum