Our client is a leading manufacturer of laboratory equipment.
You will be responsible for coordinating conceptual thinking with the practical, cost and industrial requirements, which requires the knowledge of production processes, materials and technology, as well as design & prototyping.
- Projects/products that start as a single item and can become a full range of products.
- Design and development of new & current products.
- Handle Design Projects – from “idea/concept” to “customer satisfaction.”
- Designing electrical or gas appliances (industrial design/product design)
- Will be required to assemble prototypes and will need to be hands-on.
- Qualification in Industrial Design – essential (or Mechanical Engineer)
- Min 4 years’ experience in product design
- SolidWorks (essential)
- Experience in designing products that include electrical components
- Experience in designing & working with SHEET METAL within a manufacturing company.
- Familiarity with local & international product safety standards
- Technical minded
Salary / Package
R350K - R440K CTC per annum