Our client is leading engineering services provider to the mineral processing industry.
Reporting to the MD, You will manage the overall development, tendering supply and installation of all pyrometallurgical furnace technology equipment.
- Drive technology equipment business growth and profitability.
- Assist in developing and implementing an overall technology equipment business strategy.
- Maintain contact with and foster relationships with Group subsidiaries in order to grow international business and Client base.
- Assist with translation of the technology equipment business strategy into sales budget and market development plans.
- Product development (R&D) to keep ahead of market and competitors.
- Tendering will include obtaining, the necessary information from the customer(s) and developing documentation and cost estimates based on preliminary/typical previous designs.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders outside the company.
- Contract execution and installation supervision
- Manage contract cost and revenue by setting up and monitoring financial aspects on
- Resource, manage, train and motivate design, engineering, drawing, manufacturing and installation supervision teams with a
strong focus on succession planning.
- Improve information flow and job efficiency through streamlining operational
activities and information management.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements and
internationally accepted environmental, health, safety and quality standards.
- BSc / BTech in Engineering (Mechanical / Metallurgical)
- Professional registration as a Pr Eng / Pr Tech is preferred
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years’ experience in design and contracts within the pyrometallurgical furnace industry.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience at a management level within a profit- target driven environment.
- Furnace equipment design and application in large furnaces.
- The pyrometallurgical production environment.
- Local and international suppliers’ competencies and capabilities.
- The principles of FEA and CFD modelling.
- Relevant international fabrication standards and best practices.
- Budgeting principles and control.
- Computer spreadsheets and other MS office applications.
Salary / Package