Our client is the renewable energy industry.
You will be expected to perform the following Key Functions:
- Plan and implement the activities of the labour force on site in a logistics environment in accordance with the Project’s requirements.
- Liaise with the Project Team and contractors on site issues, progress, proposed changes to programmed works and identify methods of speeding up progress and/or reducing costs.
- Arrange and control progress meetings with Project Team and seek to identify problem areas and remedy as necessary.
- Keep accurate records of any required extra works and any cost implications.
- Maintain an awareness of environmental, health and safety issues particularly with regard to fire, the safe movement of personnel and traffic on site and waste disposal.
- Maintain an awareness of employment legislation and ensure that we comply with the requirements of such legislation.
- Monitor material deliveries and anticipate requirements.
- Monitor daily progress within the area of assignment and keep records of quantities delivered.
- Identify in advance and provide solutions for all logistics issues that may impact the Project schedule/budget.
- Keep records of daily activities.
- Execute purchase orders in support of assigned areas of responsibility mostly in logistics issues.
- Process receipts against purchase orders in order to facilitate payments through accounting.
- Coordinate procurement and sourcing efforts across various countries, offices, and departments .
- Develop and implement contract management best practices and policies for the Organization.
- Support the purchasing group to achieve all planned requirements.
- Strategic Sourcing including supplier qualification and development
- Provide expertise to other functional areas to support cost/benefit analysis, Including supplier expedite fees and freight expenses.
Diploma/Certificate, preferably in Logistics discipline.
- Min 1-year experience required in Purchasing and Supply Chain management. Preference for logistics terms.
- Applicable local laws, codes and regulations.
- Methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentation.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and focus on Customer Service.
- Strategic Sourcing experience including supplier qualification and development.
- Possess a wide field of view; Ability to operate in both a strategic as well as tactical mode.
- Strengths will include excellent organizational, communication, customer service, negotiation and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision.
Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to understand and use automated inventory management systems.
- Excellent organizational, teamwork, customer service and communication skills; demonstrated ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must interact well in a team environment and demonstrate interpersonal relations by displaying a positive customer service attitude.
Ability to maintain detailed record keeping.
- Knowledge of ERP (SAP) is an asset.
Salary / Package
R18000- R25000 CTC
Medical aid and Retirement Annuity.