Supplier of frozen and chilled produce.
Our client is looking for a Buyer / Procurement Officer to join their team in Johannesburg.
Duties will include but mot limited to:
- Source high quality and cost-efficient suppliers and products
- Purchase stock from merchandisers or suppliers.
- Vendor delivery schedules and out storage delivery bookings
- Minimum and Maximum stock holdings calculated according to average sales
- Daily stock monitoring with controllers regarding space allocations and expiry dates
- Monitoring sales of products and compare specifications and prices of competitive items.
- Evaluate price increases or other material changes to orders and contracts already in force.
- Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments.
- Verify information or specifications on products and services.
- Assess and evaluate potential new suppliers.
- Determine the value of goods or services.
- Discuss business strategies, practices, or policies with managers.
- Catalogue management, broadsheet advertising.
- Trade agreements, settlement discounts and Rebates
- Launching and awareness of new product lines
- Sales Meetings – product discussion
- Food and safety Meetings
- Post qualification would be beneficial
- Computer Literate and Multitasking
- Syspro, SAP and Excel Pivot Tables experience a must
- Speak English/Afrikaans fluently
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience as a buyer (FMCG)
- Must be able to negotiate prices
- Inventory Management
Salary / Package
Negotiable depending on experience