Our client is a manufacturer of comminution solutions to the mining industry.
Reporting to the MD, You will b responsible for overseeing the post casting production process including: Heat Treatment, Fettling, Machine Shop and Despatch.
- Contribute to the formulation of production plans which meet customer requirements and are feasible in terms of existing production capabilities;
- Implement and monitor production plans and where necessary initiate corrective measures;
- Focus on ongoing process improvement including bottlenecks and implement solutions;
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job instructions, motivating, appraising job results and initiating training and staff development initiatives;
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff as required;
- Accomplish financial objectives by controlling material, equipment and human resource costs;
- Manage in-process QC and final inspection to meet customer requirements;
- Monitor, collate and analyse performance and metrics and report accordingly.
- Contribute toward the Company’s safety programme and the requirements of the OHSACT through applying a process of continual improvement to ensure that a safe working environment is achieved
- Qualified Artisan with a Diploma in Production Management
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years supervisory experience
- Strong mechanical / production background
- Previous grinding and welding (fabrication) experience
- Basic Industrial Relations, Health and Safety skills and knowledge of legal responsibilities
- Ability to read technical drawings
Salary / Package
Negotiable (depending on experience)