Our client is a manufacturer & supplier of machinery for the construction & mining industries.
Use the analytical, marketing, and sales data of the company to effectively estimate future product demands and make recommendations for inventory holding. Perform inventory audits and report on the health of the inventory including inventory turns, fill rate and obsolete items.
You will be required to perform the following Key Functions:
- Planning inventory, analyzing statistical data, and generating forecasting solutions
- Oversee demand planning and management processes for new and existing products
- Develop and execute product demand plans to meet organization goals
- Provide support in developing seasonal demand forecasts and anticipate customers reactions to the promotions and discounts
- Develop demand forecasts based on demand patterns and business trends
- Work with sales team and supply chain management to improve forecast accuracy
- Maintain demand plan to ensure cost effectiveness and to meet customer demands
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Update sales team about product availabilities
- Maintain inventory levels based on future customer demands
- Address demand related queries and issues in a timely manner
- Schedule monthly forecast meetings with sales as required
- Identify opportunities to meet customer demands during constrained supply
- Maintain demand planning processes and systems to improve forecasting accuracy
- Identify areas of improvements and recommend action plans
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Update visual performance of the supply chain team and facilitate root cause analysis and action plans
- Measure, report and coordinate initiatives to increase the turns, fill rate and reduce the risk of obsolescence
- Liaise with all stakeholders to drive the inventory initiatives
- Develop an inventory management system to maintain a healthy and consistent stock levels
Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in inventory controller role.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs and Microsoft AX dynamics.
Salary / Package
R600k to R750k
Med, Provident, Pension