Well established Engineering consulting firm with projects and offices in all provinces of South Africa.
Our client is seeking a dynamic Geometric Engineer who will be tasked with the following:
- Business Development and Support.
- Internal Project Management, Health and Safety, Administration and Quality Management Procedures.
- Provide specialist geometric direction, advice and control on transport (roads) projects.
- Geometric Road Design (rural roads, interchanges, intersections and roundabouts)
- Transport Planning, Traffic Flow Theory, Intelligent Transport Systems, Road Safety Engineering, Road Safety Audits, Transport Economics, Transport Planning Methodologies, Transport System Capacities, Public Transport Systems, Non-Motorized Transport, Contract Documentation and Administration of Civil Engineering Contracts; and Project Management.
- Prepare and evaluate specialist geometric designs, prepare technical reports and cost estimates and liaise with other professionals, both internally and externally.
- Develop and implement discipline specific technical practices, specifications and procedures.
- Facilitate and assist with the tender and adjudication process leading up to contractor appointment and site hand over.
B.Eng or B Sc Eng degree
A relevant MEng will be advantageous.
Professional Registration with ECSA as Pr.Eng
- National and Provincial Government roads experience.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- A specialist knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- Acknowledged and proven specialist knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- A specialist technical background with a minimum of 15 years engineering experience which includes a minimum of 10 years post registration experience.
- Must be proficient in Civil 3D, CAD, Bill, MS Word & MS Excel
- Knowledge of Civil Designer, Autoturn, Trafsoft, MS Projects, AutoCad and HDM-4 will be an advantage
Salary / Package
R1 200 000 CTC
Medical Aid & Provident Fund