A busy resort located on the south coast in KZN.
General Management of the Resort Kitchen which caters for the Events, Lounge, Conference Rooms, Restaurant with patio and room service. Oversee staff. Stock Controls. Budget and food cost management, Liaising closely with F&B Manager and other department heads. Previous experience within a similar role within a Resort environment essential.
- To ensure that all menus are constantly updated, paying special attention to seasonal availability.
- All menus are calculated correctly to obtain maximum gross profit & to ensure COS budget is in line.
- Ensure that all staff are constantly trained to effect good portion control and pleasing presentation of all dishes.
- Host daily meetings with the F&B/Restaurant Manager to ensure that VIP’s & Guests are timeously identified, and any special arrangements properly communicated.
- To hold daily meetings with the Kitchen brigade to ensure smooth running of the kitchen.
- All areas under your control satisfy the most stringent hygiene requirements and that staff who are ill or injured receive the correct treatment or are not allowed to work.
- To ensure that all staff are correctly dressed to satisfy statutory requirements as well as enhancing the image of the establishment.
- To ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality, and price.
- To ensure that all stocks are being kept securely and under the correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity stored.
- To regularly meet with the storekeeper to ensure that the correct stocks are kept & invoices have been captured correctly.
- To regularly hold maintenance checks with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that no equipment breaks down.
- To ensure that all statutory notices are posted at all relevant points and that such notices are conspicuously placed.
- To ensure that attendance registers are kept daily and that any absenteeism is immediately brought to the attention of the Personnel Department.
- To ensure that all staff under your control are fully informed in respect of disciplinary procedures, the handling of grievances, etc.
- To ensure that all documents are sent to the appropriate accounts department immediately for processing.
- To constantly update your knowledge and skills for the good of the establishment and the profession.
- To conduct regular stock checks/stock takes throughout the months.
- To ensure that expenses are within budgeted limits.
Formal Professional Cookery/Culinary Diploma is essential.
At least 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef. Excellent knowledge of culinary ingredients and practices. Technical cooking skills. Creative skills. Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff. Ability to delegate tasks. Ability to work in challenging environments, while maintaining high standards. Organisational and administrative skills. Food hygiene and food preparation qualifications. Experience with MyMicros/Symphony – advantageous. Ability to effectively run and manage a resort facility kitchen. Good Staff leadership and management skills. Great Culinary skills. Good with Training. Strong kitchen administration skills. Good Guest Liaison Ability.
Salary / Package
This is a live out position so the successful candidate must reside in the area or be willing to relocate to the area easily.