Our client is a reputable automotive component manufacturer.
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, You will be responsible for Coordinating all activities in the Plant relating to process capabilities, plant and equipment performance, improving overall OEE’s in the Plant, and to standardise work activities and practices across all departments.
- Provide overall guidance and coaching to Process Team and ensure that the Team is equipped to solve technical difficulties in line with equipment standards and norms, ensuring that losses are brought within budget.
- Ensure staff are effectively managed and held accountable through performance and disciplinary procedures, and that staff are developed and mentored through the talent management and IDP processes to drive capability in business.
- Provide insight and expertise on utilization and implementation of tools and providing support to site production Team, ensuring an appropriate action plan is developed for process improvement or process optimization.
- Provide support to Site Operations Manager by ensuring special studies are conducted in order to provide product flow improvements and advise on the efficient utilization of Plant resources.
- Responsible for identifying appropriate Value Projects for the site and ensuring appropriate tools are used and the appropriate manufacturing execution and control systems are in place.
- Responsible for leading manufacturing plant and keeping site updated in regards to new technologies and developments within the technical field, ensuring continuous improvement of Plant operations and cost saving initiatives.
- Responsible for the standardization of standard operating procedures for all key equipment across the plant to ensure that work instructions and standard operating procedures are in place and any process changes or improvements are updated.
- Responsible for ensuring that all new equipment installation and processes are aligned to safety standards.
- Ensure that all FMEA’s and Control Plans are updated on a continuous basis as improvements and changes are made to processes and ensure that annual reviews are done on all processes to ensure site compliance and improvement.
- BSC / BTech Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical Engineering or Operations Management
- 8 years experience in Process or Engineering role, including:
- 5 years managerial experience,
- 5 years Automotive Component experience,
- 3 years professional experience in a continuous manufacturing environment
- Analytical Fault Detection (Essential)
- SPC (Essential)
- Problem Solving Techniques (Essential)
- FMEA and control plans (Essential)
- Standard Operating Procedures (Essential)
- PPAP / APQP (Essential)
Salary / Package
R750K - R900K CTC per annum
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund
- 13th Cheque