This company manufactures components for conveyors
Reporting to the Ops Manager
- Help design products with engineering and manufacturing techniques
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and sales reps
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for new products
- Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by engineers and architects
- Design plans using computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) software specifically INVENTOR
- Work under the supervision of engineers or architects
- Draft and prepare layout drawings of the given structures, components and devices.
- Produce draft designs and diagrams according to the given specifications
- Assist and coordinate with designers and engineers.
- Prepare drawings for sheet metal components.
- Prepare drawings and diagrams for electrical devices and installations.
- Collaborate with designers, constructors and engineers on projects.
- Calculate dimensions and allowances with accurate precision
- Compile data and specifications sheets.
- Revise drawings and layouts to accommodate changes and enhancements.
- Accommodate safety procedures and issues in installation and construction drawings
- Follow design and development procedures
- Do costings around materials/ labour and facilities
- Relevant Draughting Qualification
- 2 to 10 years of experience in Manufacturing (Draughting)
- AutoDesk Inventor
- Sheet metal experience
Salary / Package
R 200 000 to R 450 000 per annum