A specialist South African-based renewable energy solutions company that specialises in installation of medium to large scale rooftop and ground-mounted Solar (PV)
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining apparatus used to monitor and control commercial and industrial PV engineering systems, equipment and processes.
- Prepare engineering studies and schematic designs for new systems and analyses the operation of existing systems.
- Configures PV systems based on site conditions and client needs and expectations using necessary systems and software.
- Will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid work environment, and will have a high level of accountability and responsibility.
- Design, develop, install, manage and maintain monitoring and control equipment
- Root cause analysis, fault finding and repair on instrumentation systems and reporting
- Prioritize activities with task and workflow assignment to ensure contingency
- Liaising with utilities, Project Engineers, O&M monitoring teams and report to supervisor
- Identify (e.g., pick lists) products/components required for commercial projects
- Remain up-to-date with requirements and best practice relating to PLC programming and recommend changes, when necessary, to ensure installations, commissioning, monitoring and control meet standards
- Relevant Degree / Technical Diploma or NQF Equivalent
- Trade Test – Instrumentation / Instrumentation Mechanician / Electrical will be a plus
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Instrumentation or Automation Engineer or similar role
- Knowledge and experience in PLCs (Siemens S7)
- Experience in Solar PV Systems will be beneficial
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition software programming experience, (Wonderware and WinCC)
- In-depth understanding of industrial communication protocols
Salary / Package
- Pension Fund
- Medical Aid (discovery)