Big Five private Game reserve, located in Mpumalanga region
- The Head guide is responsible for the entire guiding department, including guides, trackers, and guiding equipment. The role is made of varying responsibilities including:
- Management of the team: To manage the field team consisting of Field guides and trackers in line with company values and policies
- Maintenance of Vehicles: Ensure that the game viewers and transfer vehicles are well maintained, regularly checked and serviced to achieve this.
- Vehicle Equipment and Facilities: Ensure that the equipment and vehicle amenities (first aid kits, cooler boxes, books, binoculars, blankets, ponchos, spotlights etc) provided for our guests are in line with our standards
- Communication: Effective communication at all levels within the company, the team and other departments
- Guest Experience and Standards: Ensure the guest experience meets our standards and the guests expectations are met and exceeded where possible through an exceptional game viewing delivery
- Safety Procedures: Ensure the security and health & safety of our guests, staff and other visitors by following all company procedures.
- Training, Qualifications and Legal Implications: Ensure the guiding team fulfills all legal and statutory requirements in terms of being field guides and maintain a legally qualified team of guides & trackers.
- Budget Control: Implement systems along with manager to control all costs in line with budget
- Planning: To effectively plan ahead to ensure the smooth running of the Guiding department and allow sufficient time for support departments to schedule effectively
- First Aid Level 1 or higher
- PDP permit
- NQF4 FAGASA
A minimum of 5 years guiding experience, Driver’s license and Public drivers permit (essential) , SAPS proficiency, Business proficiency unit standards, ARH, Lead Trails, DEAT registered, Preference will be given to applicants with mentoring, training or language skills, Good knowledge of creating, implementing and maintaining control documents.
Salary / Package
- Meals on duty
- Provident fund contribution
- Medical aid contribution