An independent, co-educational, English-medium school in Gauteng
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Supervising and managing the school library
- Ensure the library meets the needs of precise groups of users including teachers
- Providing services and resources that allow students to develop the skills needed to access and use library resources
- Provide group and individual student/staff instruction using resources and research techniques.
- Assist teachers with appropriate use of materials available for classroom instruction.
- Work with teachers to select and acquire appropriate books, and other learning resources.
- Plan, operate and supervise the school library/media centre program as directed by the Executive Head/ Head of Primary school.
- Review, select and acquire appropriate materials and supplies for the school library.
- Create a library environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity level and interests of students.
- Interact with students to promote positive attitudes toward school library/media centre.
- Recommend budget for the library.
- Compile, maintain and file required reports, records and documents.
- Attend and participate in academic meetings.
- Have the ability to create a school-wide reading culture and foster a love for reading
- Bachelor’s degree in library Science
- Working knowledge of library methods and procedures and archival practices
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional development.
- High level of ICT competency
- Enjoy working with children and have an understanding of their age -appropriate skills.
- Strong administrative skills and budget management
- Must have the ability to identify with the values, culture, and ethos of the school
- Proven experience in managing library staff
Salary / Package
R360k - R450k pa