Our client is a global company specialising in materials handling solutions.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the safe Manufacturing of products, as per approved drawings in the Manufacturing Department.
- Workshop Management and Quality Control.
- Manufacturing quotations and invoicing – cost control and waste reduction.
- Production Management and Planning – labour, material, consumables, process.
- Stock control – plan, order, receiving and issuing of stock.
- Manage sub-contractors and suppliers to improve efficiency.
- Oversee NDT and painting procedures, ordering of paint, control levels.
- Ensure all equipment is manufactured in accordance with local regulations, SANS and/or “Best Practice” which could be company or customer specific
- Compliance with ISO9001 and ISO45001 standards.
- Providing the customers with a safe products and material handling solutions that meets their requirements and exceeds their expectations.
- Achieving sales targets and growing the department.
- Visiting customers together with representatives as well as Engineering Manager.
- Acceptance/Approval and sign off Manufactured products by a contractor.
- Assisting with Risk assessments as and when requested by customers.
- Witness load tests together with a certified LMI.
- Degree / Diploma in Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in a Manufacturing and Structural Steel Fabrication environment
- Minimum of 2- 3 years' management experience
- Costing experience
- Boilermaking, welding experience
- Reading technical drawings
- Drivers Licence
- Willing to wear overalls in the workshop and get hands dirty
Salary / Package
R480K - R700K CTC per annum