Our Client focuses on mining equipment for the precious metals, assaying, refining and smelting industries in the Southern African market.
You will work on projects and will work on a project-to-project basis until completion. Some structures that a Brick and Stone Mason works on include foundations, furnaces, cast able pots, pin blocks and blocks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Tearing out and installing refractory materials in customer equipment on site
- Read and interpret drawings and blueprints and work by hand or with hand and power tools.
- Measure accurately from an established starting point and uses plumb lines and a mason’s level as required.
- Know the properties of various mortars and other bonding materials and applies the knowledge in different projects.
- Use hammers or chisels or masonry saws to cut and fit bricks.
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid resistant bricks, concretes, plastics or other material.
- Work well independently or with co-workers under a deadline to get the job done.
- Experiment with various materials and methods to solve construction problems.
- Minimum N3 level and the necessary Red Seal for a Bricklayer.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and some technical knowledge.
- Preparing and mixing mortar
- Using and maintaining power and hand tools
- Repairing, replacing or resetting bricks, furnaces roofs and slabs.
Salary / Package
R120 / hour Neg
- Provident Fund