Our Client is committed to providing innovative supply chain solutions that challenge the status quo. As a global industry leader with more than 100 years of logistics experience, they support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods.
You will be expected to perform the following Key Functions:
- Coordinate and control Air freight shipments from collection to final delivery ensuring all shipments are processed and controlled in accordance internal and external requirements including Customs, attending to plant inspector, Port Health and State Vet releases.
- Maintain full accountability for service delivery in accordance with customer requirements with expected delivery date required versus flight bookings available
- Arrange forwarding as per client shipping instruction, and liaise with foreign offices to expedite shipments in accordance with agreed SOP’s. Ensure that all shipments are continuously monitored until final delivery or hand-over.
- Monitor shipments for registration status from central team, and arrange Customs clearing instructions from client where required.
- Monitor shipment status and review shipments that are Customs cleared in order to prepare for retrieval of cargo from the assigned carrier and prepare for delivery to client.
- Invoicing – Ensure that the correct cost and income accruals are raised on the shipment file and that an Income/Cost reconciliation sheet is prepared in time for the customer invoice to be generated by Central teams.
- Optimise freight processes, performance and data quality through the updating of the Event Control on Procars and ensure a high level of adherence to procedures and assist with the implementation of any improvements as and when required.
- Proactively interact with clients and company global network and provide visible support and information in response to enquiries and queries pertaining to shipment movement, customs queries, updating and submission of client tracking and status reports and KPI’s whilst ensuring complete and timeous close out hereof.
- Ensure that all activities in the area of responsibility are compliant with company specific regulations.
- Facilitate a seamless and smooth service delivery by assisting clients with any technical matters and documentary requirements related to Air Imports.
NCFF (NQF 3/4), FIATA diploma advantageous.
- Knowledge of the forwarding and clearing industry, Incoterms and regulatory requirements both local and international.
- 5 years’ experience in Air freight forwarding services
- Communication skills (Proactive, concise and accurate).
- Collaboration skills.
- Build value based relationships.
- Attention to detail.
- Client orientation.
- Income, cost and profitability focused
Salary / Package