Our client is a well established multi-disciplinary consulting engineering powerhouse.
In this position you will be reporting to the Senior Draftsperson, your duties will include but not limited to:
- Plan and execute drafting assignments.
- Follow operational guidelines as described by the company’s drawing system guidelines.
- Ensure that the project drawings meet quality standards and customer requirements.
- Ensure the company’s drawing system quality objectives are met.
- Make adjustments or changes as directed by the responsible person.
- Should have a good understanding of concrete and structural steel drawings, an added advantage would be an understanding of the industrial or petrochemical environment.
- Draw completed designs from sketches or from other engineering documentation.
- Utilise knowledge of various drafting packages and software to complete drawings.
- 3D modelling and the creation of construction drawings thereof is essential to the role.
- Would be advantageous if the candidate can generate concrete reinforcement drawings and schedules.
- Discuss corrections and direct questions on drawings for discussion with the responsible person.
- Record all changes and resubmit to responsible person.
- Maintain competence, awareness and compliance with the project at hand.
- Maintain consistency and high quality.
- Address drafting related queries and concerns in a timely fashion.
- Review the work of Junior Draftspersons and provide feedback.
- Provide assistance to Junior Draftspersons when required.
- Must be proficient in Autodesk Revit or MicroStation.
- Should be medically fit and willing to visit the worksite for measurements and related activities.
- Drafting Diploma (advantage)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- 3D / AutoCad / Microstation / Revit
- Valid driver’s licence.
Salary / Package
To be discussed with the employer