Our client is in the Travel and Tourism industry.
You will be required to perform the following Key Functions:
- Providing general and specific advice about different travel destinations
- Receiving requests from agents and clients and providing quick and professional responses to all enquiries, preparing quotes, evaluating options, presenting itineraries, issuing invoices and obtaining feedback
- Drawing up complicated and creative travel itineraries and ensuring that all the needs of the customers are met
- Tour administration and reservations include booking suppliers, logging all tailor-made groups, obtaining and approving all pro-forma invoices before being passed to accounts
- Informing agents of supplier deadlines and alternate arrangements when needed, and researching private guided tours
- Advising the customer about travel issues including required documentation and financial matters, such as appropriate exchange rates
- Dealing with payments
- Performing general administration tasks
- Making alternative arrangements for customers who have had their trips interrupted by unforeseen issues
- Respond to all calls quickly, professionally and courteously.
- Ensure to complete all return calls/emails every day.
- Secure business and cost products
- Build up and maintain agent / supplier relationships
- Source & sell alternative services
- Successfully run groups / tour series / FIT bookings
- Margin control
- Prepare welcome packs (vouchers/itineraries etc)
- Handle the 24hr emergency phone
- Reconcile supplier invoices for processing
- Reconcile tour guide expense sheets and check guide salaries
- Assist in answering complaints
- Thorough understanding of reservations system
- Management of clients and agent relationships is key to this position
Certificate/ diploma in Tourism Management.
- Min 3+ years of experience in selling FIT packages
- Groups experience
- Excellent knowledge of destinations in Southern Africa
- Experience with reservations (Tour Operator Background)
- Tourplan knowledge would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Responsible for the bookings from the initial quoting stage right up till the guests have completed travel.
Salary / Package