A Private Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape that offers a Luxury Safari Experience to all guests.
Your responsibilities would encompass a wide range of tasks related to managing and operating a professional kitchen. Here’s a more detailed breakdown of what you can expect in this role:
- Excellent Attention to Detail: Attention to detail is crucial in ensuring the quality and consistency of dishes.
- Preparation and Cooking: This involves preparing and cooking all menu items according to established standards.
- Quality Control: Checking the quality of food products to ensure they meet the required standards.
- Food Styling: Ensuring that food styling aligns with the restaurant’s styling guide for attractive presentation.
- Feedback Handling: Following up on feedback and investigating constructive feedback or complaints to improve service and food quality.
- Menu and Recipe Development: Participating in planning and developing recipes and menus while staying within budget constraints.
- Stock Control: Assisting with stock control through regular stocktakes, both weekly and monthly.
- Supply Ordering: Responsible for ordering supplies and managing related administrative tasks following established policies and procedures.
- Stock Requisition: Requisitioning stock, materials, and equipment for the kitchen.
- Learning and Motivating: Demonstrating a willingness to learn and motivating chefs to improve constantly.
- Chef Training: Responsible for all chef training, including management and coaching for their development plans and skills training.
- New Cooking Techniques: Demonstrating new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Cleaning and Hygiene: Following and enforcing cleaning and hygiene schedules in the kitchen.
- Dietary Requirements: Taking dietary requirements into account when preparing dishes.
- Ongoing Training: Participating in ongoing training to stay updated with culinary trends and techniques.
- Executive Chef Collaboration: Working closely with the Executive Chef to execute kitchen operations effectively.
- Kitchen Staff Rostering: Responsible for scheduling kitchen staff.
- Kitchen Responsibility: Taking full responsibility for the kitchen and kitchen staff.
- Guest Interaction: Interacting with guests, noting their requests and preferences.
- Administrative Assistance: Assisting the Executive Chef with paperwork and administrative tasks.
- Senior Sous Chef/Head Chef Experience (3-5 Years)
- Matric or Grade 12 Certificate
- Valid Code 8 Driver's License
- Excellent Culinary Skills
- Adherence to Standards
- Passion for Food
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Hardworking and Willingness to Work Long Hours
- Kitchen Control, Stock Control, and Hygiene Knowledge
- Physical Fitness: The physical demands of working in a kitchen, including standing for long periods and lifting heavy objects, necessitate reasonable physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Timekeeping Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Food Knowledge
- Product Knowledge
- Computer skills
- Commercial skills
Salary / Package
R17,000 - R19,000K
- Food Allowance
- Provident Fund Contribution (50%): A provident fund is a retirement savings plan that is typically funded by both the employer and the employee.
- Unfurnished Accommodation
- Transport to Work
- Medical aid contribution (50%)