Our Client is an industrial chemical manufacturing, marketing and distribution company focused on the African market needs.
Our client is looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team, To understand the business’s overall purchasing needs (direct and indirect), analyse costs, research on the external environment and work with executive management to device and implement purchasing strategies which will result is optimal cost management and a sustainable supply chain for the organisation.
Your Duties will include:
- Identify all goods and services necessary for the business to function and meet its overall objectives.
- Carry out spend analysis and segmenting it according to various levels of impact and risk to the business, in the interest of supporting management with strategic decision making and supplier relationship management.
- Research and identify prospective suppliers.
- Analyse suppliers using various tools in order to understand which are best positioned to support the company in achieving its objectives with minimal or well managed risk levels.
- Support in capital procurement processes and participate in specific project teams to represent the Supply Chain function of the business.
- Analyse industries and demand trends and support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- Conduct full tender processes, request quotations when necessary and negotiate purchase terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Work within a given budget to purchase goods and services for the organization.
- Compare prices amongst various vendors in order to make sound purchasing decisions.
- Work with legal team to prepare and execute supplier contracts and manage such contracts during their lifespan.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders while ensures suppliers deliver goods and services which are as per required specification.
- Work close with logistics function to ensure that goods are sourced timely, safely and at a delivered cost which maximizes the business’s profitability.
- Support logistics with all information necessary for seamless planning.
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of purchased items and resolve shortcomings.
- Monitor supplier performance and resolve issues and concerns.
- Identify, initiate, execute and report on cost saving initiatives where the company’s operating expenses are not optimised.
- Support finance with necessary information (such as planned purchasing activities) for working capital budgeting.
- Assist marketing function with all relevant and required inputs for participation of the business in public and closed tenders.
- Manage all reporting on supply for internal and external stakeholder.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Economics or Business Administration
- 4-6 years experience in middle to upper management procurement
- SAGE Pastel
- MS Suite
Salary / Package
R30 000 - R 45 000