A 300 seater upmarket Mediterranean Restaurant located in Johannesburg North.
Our client is seeking a highly skilled and talented Sous Chef to join their kitchen in their 300 seater upmarket Mediterranean Restaurant.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing meals and food to meet the specifications of guests in a timely manner
- Properly measuring kitchen ingredients and food portions
- Ensuring kitchen staff adhere to set standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements
- Using kitchen knives and equipment such as grills, ovens, steamers and warmers in food preparation
- Managing the kitchen inventory and ensuring supplies are fresh and of high quality
- Ensuring proper food temperatures when cooking and proper storage afterward
- Keeping the workstation and kitchen equipment clean, organized and sanitized
- Taking charge of kitchen opening, closing and other side duties as directed by the Executive Chef
Degree or Diploma in culinary science from an accredited institution/ Formal culinary training in food preparation and culinary management.
The successful candidate must:
- Have at least 3 years of formal culinary experience or food service management experience at a busy, fine dining/ upmarket restaurant kitchen.
- Be able to demonstrate experience using kitchen equipment and a thorough understanding of various cooking methods, food preparation techniques and sanitation procedures.
- Prior experience working as Sous Chefs or Kitchen Managers.
Salary / Package
R20 000 - R25 000 per month