Our client is a solutions provider to the electrical and transportation industry.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Support and manage transport business model in the rail and rolling stock sector, grow geographical market and market share within existing and export markets.
- Manage projects using project management methodologies and interfaces with customers, internal teams, suppliers and management.
- Implement and ensure business growth adoption of agreed strategy model to ensure business growth in sustainable manner.
- Build and maintain relationships with key market stakeholders, Transnet, PRASA, Rolling Stock Manufacturers / Repairers, Mines, Contractors and Consultants.
- Target agreed export markets, identify key role players and build relationships.
- Management of overseas and local suppliers, production, sites, resources, productivity and costs to ensure recoveries, sales targets and deliverables are met on time and within budget.
- Participate in establishing the sales and orders budgets. Plan and manage departmental costs.
- Ensure compliance with all laws including labour law, health and safety, environmental, competition law etc.
- BSc/BTech Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Project Management qualification advantageous
- 5 years of general railway, rolling stock and train control experience.
- Experience and understanding of commercial processes and contracts. NEC and FIDIC suites.
- Knowledge of Transnet, PRASA or State-Owned Companies contract conditions would an advantage.
- Computer skills, MS Office, Projects, Syspro and related IT requirements.
Salary / Package
R650k - R780K CTC